Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Hybrid Lace

In my new quest to get more exercise, I've taken to actually walking around the house while I read. I know, I know, it sounds ridiculous, and it is, but it's also working. I do the treadmill in the morning after I write here, then there's a walk outside with the kids after schooling. Instead of sitting down on the couch in between I'm alternating between sitting on the exercise ball and just walking the halls and stairs. Of course this is pretty easy since I haven't had any orders that needed me to sit down and get to work. I finished the novel I was reading and I was curious about whether I was going to be able to tat on the ball or not, so I started a bit of a doodle.

I started out with a small tatted daisy in the center and then switched to knotting. I liked it in black, but I like it even more in the cream thread I used second. Of course that might be partly because I had the hang of the shape down better in the second one. I even made one up in some orange Lizbeth thread as well. The first two are cebelia and I wanted to make sure it worked up the same in both kinds of thread.

I think it might make a lovely delicate pendant and even earrings. Though since the additions of the Armenian lace makes the piece  more delicate than tatting alone, I might need to stiffen them for that usage. I think I will make some more of them today and maybe even play with the hybrid lace concept a bit to see if I can come up with anything else useful. Here's to the tiniest spark of inspiration.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Pretty :D

Jane McLellan said...

Good idea, I like the combination.

Madtatter80 said...

Very beautiful, look I love to mix lace styles I think it is great!