Friday, January 8, 2016

Necklace

Just when I thought I was going to have to work out what to do with my day, I got a necklace order in the shop. Just like that I had a project to remake the piece for the day. Luckily this necklace uses the same basic pattern as one of my slave bracelets and I've made that one quite a lot lately. That meant I could put the order in the mail straight away and leisurely get to work. It's also a nice modular piece, so I can make all the middles before I have to worry about joining anything together.




I'm actually not quite finished with it yet. There is more work to do on the chain portion today. My work time was cut a bit short as we headed to the movies and out to dinner with friends. We had a wonderful time of course, and that gives me a project still on hand for today. So I guess it's a win win. Other than this we have to turn the oldest child's work samples for school today and that should keep the morning rather busy as there has been a fair bit of procrastination regarding that. Hopefully it'll just be such a wonderful relief to have that done, the weekend will be completely relaxing. I wouldn't mind if orders kept me busy instead though, that would be great.