Thursday, September 3, 2015

Yes, Another


I was pleased as can be to start the day answering questions in my etsy shop which resulted in a nice small sale even before I had had breakfast. The order was for one of my tatted rings. I made this one up in the larger size with chocolate brown Lizbeth thread. I was finished with it even before we started schooling for the day, but since our mail carrier has been arriving early lately it won't be in the post until this morning. It was nice to start the day with my tatting needle in my hands.

After that it was another long day of schooling. I know I keep saying that, but it's only been a few days, so I'm nowhere near used to it yet. Give me a week or two and it will just be routine and I'll stop mentioning the length of time spent pouring over lessons.

Once schooling was finally wrapped I went ahead and added that row above the cord for the latest necklace. I know it doesn't make it look that different, but I really like the way the loops on both sides kind of pull the cord into the lace more thoroughly, if that makes any sense. I haven't gotten this one in the shop yet. So far all the Armenian lace is just sitting there without much attention. I was really hoping the newness of it would, I don't know, spur more views, or sales, or something. It doesn't really matter though since I love making these pieces so much. I've already got another one brewing in my head. I even think I might try it in color soon as well...not sure which one, but not black. I guess I'll just keep crossing my fingers that the right person will run across them eventually and they'll find good homes. Until then, I'll just keep making them and at some point I intend to mesh them with tatting. Not sure how yet, but it's on my to-do list.

No comments: