Wednesday, May 27, 2015

I Tried Again

So, I went ahead and tried the last pattern again. I know, I'm surprised myself. I was pretty certain that I was going to just move on, but the pattern was still sitting on the board, so I gave it a shot. Turns out once I figured out my earlier mistake it started turning out okay. I still absolutely hate the gimp thread though. It just seems like I can never keep it exactly where it needs to be even though it's in a repeating pattern and I should get it after a repeat or so.

I still haven't finished it, partly because it's a bit longer than some of the previous patterns, but it looks pretty much like it's suppose to...I think. Since I haven't gotten it off the board I still don't know whether the upgrade to cotton from polyester is going to make any difference in the finished piece. Hopefully I'll discover that today.

We have a doctor's appointment for oldest child today and some errands to run, so my free time will be limited. I think I really need to get back to some tatting though. I might have been away too long already as I'm getting too used to this thin thread. It's not as if I've had any ideas lately, or sales for that matter, I just don't want to abandon my primary craft. Maybe I'll just force myself to make something small this afternoon. Yeah, that's what I'll do, a little tatting sometime today.

2 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

You're doing really well!

Carolyn said...

So complicated, but it seems to me that you have the knack of it.