Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Listed

After schooling I again decided to stall for a while. For some reason I just cannot convince myself to get straight to work once my first job of the day is wrapped. Eventually I pulled myself together and made the final Mermaid Tale in variegated thread. I used Lizbeth Caribbean since it was the most watery feeling one I have on hand. Then I got to work putting them all on chains and getting the listing ready. The complaint for today is that the new 'Photos' app for my computer no longer has the black matte that I've been using for years to give my photos a unifying feel. So I kind of feel like the listing pictures are naked.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/229916528/tatted-lace-tassel-necklace-mermaid-tail?
Despite the photo annoyance, I did get the current set of necklaces listed in my shop. I did try to think about what else might be done with this design, but nothing really gelled in my head. I know that there is something else, but I guess I need to think about it some more first. Also I just wanted to apologize about yesterday's rant, I do realize that I should be flattered that people like my designs well enough to want to make them themselves. I do absolutely appreciate that. I suppose it's the immediacy of the request that puts me off. It's not magic, it's a lot of work and I guess I would prefer being asked if I might write up the pattern in the future. No matter though, it'll definitely be quite some time before I release any more patterns for sale.

The shop has remained quite dead for some time, so I have no other projects in queue. Hopefully those ideas about what else to do with this piece will come together and I'll have something new to work on, but I'm not counting my chickens. I'm just hoping for a nice disaster free day.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

Very cut and changeable colors too!