Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Busy

https://www.etsy.com/listing/223906652/tatted-lace-earrings-medallions-largeI had a blissfully busy day yesterday. For some inexplicable reason I received more than one order of actual tatting yesterday. So I busied myself much of the day remaking the pieces that sold, but I'm getting ahead of myself a bit. Right after schooling. I put together the new motif in linen with its ear wires. They are definitely bigger earrings than I would usually wear, but they do have that whole lightweight thing going for them. I fully intended to get them made in the black linen thread as well, but as I already mentioned I was kept rather busy with remaking what sold.

The first one I remade was a necklace that had actually sold the day before and then after that I tatted up this cuff bracelet in my version of the classic Hen and Chicks pattern. I add Victorian sets where the thread spaces usually live, and I like to double the pattern over on itself so it's less of an edging and more of a standalone piece. I wasn't even done there though I was dealing with an aggravated shoulder. I must've wrenched it the day before, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is that I did. Anyway, I made up one last necklace after this and that was the end of my day.

I'm all caught up on the pieces that sold now, so unless I'm blessed with the same sort of day I had yesterday(crossing fingers), I'll get the earrings made in the black linen and possibly the dark gray as well. Since the linen thread isn't my favorite to work with, it's best to get it knocked out all at once and then got back to smooth, soft cotton thread again. Though honestly, as long as I'm busy, I'm not going to complain...at least not too much.

No comments: