Monday, December 22, 2014

I Have A Plan

I know what you're wondering. Why on earth am I awake and writing at this horrible hour when the husband and kids are on vacation? Well I'll give you some hints, they have 4 legs, there are six of them, they have internal clocks that only ever err early, never late, and they couldn't be bothered to care that I could theoretically sleep in. So there you have, as we often say around here, cats are jerks.

I didn't get up to much tatting over the weekend as I expected. There were family errands run in order to get them out of the way before the shops get unbearable to visit and there was some sitting about. We had an absolutely wonderful time at a get together of friends on Saturday where I gave away one of the gifts I was working on a couple of weeks ago. It was a black and red jellyfish which I did not remember to take a good picture of at all. I know, good job there huh? I gave that one as well as a blue one and I think they were well received and that's all that really matters.

Yesterday while out to fetch a frame for a wonderful gift of art that the husband received at the same get together, I decided that what I really needed was a knitting project with a purpose and since I was at the craft store, I picked up some fresh yarn. I'll spend the next weeks of my sitting time making new fingerless gloves for the family. I was just going to do some for the husband, but the kids were there and both requested some as well. Honestly I'm glad they did, it gives me a nice list of projects to work one even if it's not tatting. Maybe it will give me enough time away that my creative batteries will recharge and then new year will actually see new work again.

No comments: