Monday, August 4, 2014

Another Finished

Well I was lazy this weekend. I did finish my newest, largest jellyfish, but I did not get any photos of it yet. The plan was to do that today along with fretting about the price and getting it listed in the shop. What I can tell you is that it makes the first ones look so very tiny even though I don't think they are, and that it took me around 4 whole days to make, that's in the neighborhood of 30 hours or so. I didn't keep good track of time on this once. I ended up with a total of 5 hyperbolic segments for oral arms and over a dozen tentacles. I hope that you find it impressive when you see it. I'll of course post photos here tomorrow or you can pop by my Facebook page or I imagine my etsy shop some time later today if you're curious.

Other than that, there was a lot of normal weekend relaxing along with going to see Guardians of the Galaxy with the family. I was absolutely and thoroughly entertained, by the way. I really can't think of much else to share though.

Today I plan to get all the new jellyfish stuff taken care of and then I was thinking of making another in blues, maybe one in purples. I feel like I should have a variety of them made up as long as I have no orders to worry about. I'm kind of hoping that they will be perceived as great holiday gifts in a few months. If not, at least they are pretty to look at and they give me a worthwhile project when sales are slow. Well, here's to a busy tatting week ahead.

No comments: