Thursday, June 19, 2014

More Colors

This teaching the kids crafts business is taking up quite a lot of my morning. Yes, I suppose that was the intent, but man I feel like I'm getting nothing done between that and cleaning. I know, what's up with all the cleaning? Well, we will likely have house guests next week and there is a big difference between house clean enough to pass a brief visit and clean enough to let someone sleep here. I know it really doesn't matter, but I suppose I use it as a motivation to 'need' to clean things that I don't really ever want to.

I did get some more ombré earrings made up. I'm not overly keen on the yellow/orange ones, but I had the colors, so I figured I'd make them up anyway. I didn't get any of them listed partly because I got an afternoon headache. In fact I woke up with it this morning as well.

I will try to get these listed in the shop and then I think I need to come up with another new idea to get some attention in my etsy shop. If the general quiet wasn't bad enough, this is the second day in a row that I've had to send a 'please don't sell pieces with my patterns online' message. I hate sending them, but I need to make sure people know that I'm serious when I add that information to my patterns. It's hard enough getting customers without competing with my own designs especially when they haven't even bothered to mention that they were using someone else's design. So to wrap up, if you're new here, please do tat the patterns I have posted for free or am selling at my shop. Please do not sell the finished works online. Make them for yourself, as gifts, or sell them locally, and always remember to credit designers.

Alright, rant over. Here's to a productive day ahead. If nothing else I'm sure the child will make some tatting progress and that's a success I can claim.

No comments: