Thursday, February 27, 2014

Unmotivated

Another long day, made longer by the weather keeping us inside for much of it. Don't get me wrong, here in California, we need the rain very badly, but I was just getting used to the Spring-like weather that sent us on lovely afternoon walks to break up the day. Yesterday threatened rain all day with intermittent showers and it rained hard much of the night. Does that mean I got more tatting done than usual? Nope, not at all. I seem to be stuck in an unmotivated state that breaks only for an hour or two at a time. Then I seem to be back to doing nothing of any consequence.

Again, I worked on remaking a mask that should have been done after just two days of work, but I just kept putting it down to do nothing. I still have the outside row to finish on one side and then I have to cover the wire which is a terribly time consuming task in itself, but hopefully I can get that at least done today.

I wish I had more things to share, but that was about it for me yesterday and I don't really have any good plans for today either. There may be a field trip with the kids, I might get the mask finished and I'm just hoping some outside force brings some life into the shop for me to kick me back into gear because clearly I'm not getting the job done myself.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I am sorry that you are not feeling motivated lately! I am in Utah and woke up to snow this morning. But I love the rain! Take your kids and go 'play' in the rain for a bit-even though its wet and sometimes cold it is fun and when I had the doledrums and my kids were younger I would do that. They still love to play in the rain!