Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ugh

So it turns out that when you basically have an all day sort of headache, creativity is nigh on impossible. The advil kept it under control but it was there all day. It was joined later by a lovely new cold sore which did nothing to improve my mood. I'm guessing that my body is fighting off some illness or other and though it's winning, I get the consolation prizes of the headache and cold sore. The up side is that I appear to not be sick otherwise...for now anyway.

The only thing I did get up to besides laundry, dishes, babysitting my nieces and schooling, was getting the new triforce listed. I was going to simply hang it from a jumpring at the top corner and string it on a ribbon, but it just didn't look quite right. Maybe the design is just too big for that, or maybe I just like to make things more complicated. So instead I hung it from brass chain on the sides. I think it looks more complete this way. Whether or not it will find a home like this is another question entirely.

I tried in the afternoon, before my babysitting charges arrived, to work on the devil horns idea, but I failed miserably at my first two attempts. That would be the allusion to impossible creativity in my first sentence. There's still a few more ways I'd like to try to make it happen, but I completely gave up and I think I'm going to need a little more time between attempts if I really want it to work. I also need to make sure that all these physical annoyances are done with me first as well. I still have the faintest twinge of a headache this morning and the cold sore is growing strong, so I don't have high hopes for today at all. Add that to the list of annoying errands I have to do today and honestly I'm surprised I bothered to haul myself out of bed at all. I just realized how much of a downer this post has got be for you to read. Sorry about that. I'll try for some sunshine and lollipops for tomorrow. You hear that Universe, sunshine and lollipops and good, good things.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like your triforce design. This is probably going to sound strange, but - after so many years of making rectangular and square things with knitting, crochet, and weaving I've had the hardest time adjusting to all the curves that seem to be the basic nature of tatting. To see those curves make something with (essentially) straight edges is kind of reassuring. Thank you for sharing this.