Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Earring To Necklace

It was a pretty rough Monday. That headache I woke up with was my constant companion even though I tried fairly hard to drug it away. Sure, I kept it at a dull roar so I could function, but it was still there and it is still here this morning. I'm not sure what I might have done or eaten to acquire it. Perhaps I was clenching my jaw in my sleep again, but whatever it was, it will not keep me from getting things done during the day. The world stops spinning for no one.

I had a couple of small pieces to remake in the morning and once those were done I tackled the idea that had come to me while I was remaking yet another pair of earrings. The earrings have been selling particularly well lately. Anyway, the necklace is basically the bottom half of them strung together with some stitch changes to get it to curve well. I actually finished and pressed it yesterday so I know it turned out like I wanted, but it was later in the day so I figured I'd wait until this morning to get photographs and get it listed.

So that's the first task for today, get this necklace listed and then it's back to the snowflake project until or unless something else comes along that needs doing. I'm still waiting on those beetle wings to finish the replacement necklace. I also really ought to make a supply order soon as I'm almost out of earrings findings not to mention several other small things. I've been putting an order off because sales still haven't picked up enough for me to have the cash surplus on hand I need to justify the order. The shop has been pretty consistent, but the orders have been relatively small and I'm always afraid that the second I spend money on supplies, the sales will dry up completely and bad things will happen. I'm an optimist like that, but I think I might have to bite the bullet anyway. Here's to a headache free day and getting things done.

No comments: