Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What A Day

What a Monday. To be fair I knew it was going to be an odd day from the start. I try so hard to get normal Monday things done, but when it's a holiday and the husband is home and there's no schooling, there is a limit to what I can do. I managed to finish the teal barefoot sandal and get all three pairs photographed and listed early in the morning. I opted for some outdoor pictures too. I thought they might be received better in context.

Next up was a bike ride with the family as predicted. We live about a block from a nice bike path, so we did a whole circuit around before coming back in time for lunch. I feel surprisingly good this morning despite the exercise. I was certain my legs would be annoyed since I got one of those cruiser bicycles with no gears, but they seem okay with it. I'm sure it helped that I spent much time coasting and stopping and going so the youngest could catch up.

Then we ran a few errands and I bought a bunch of seed beads just in case there are color requests for the new sandals. I have very few colors on hand because I use them so little, but it's always easier to have things on hand than to have to run out should the need arise. After the errands it was home again for the rest of the day. I got a few small sales throughout the day and actually had time to remake much of what was sold. It was quite the day indeed.

So what's on the agenda for today? Well, schooling is in session for two more days and the oldest has her annual doctor visit this morning. Those always throw the rest of the off a bit. I got a custom request yesterday for a half dozen medallions, but the customer hasn't made their purchase yet. If they do, I've got that to work on. If they don't. I might make yet another pair of sandals. I know I should wait until one sells, but they're kind of fun. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the day goes.

No comments: