Monday, April 23, 2012

So Hot

Remember how we had such extreme weather here not too long ago that I felt compelled to share it with you? Well this past weekend was it's evil twin, extreme heat. Well, now I suppose the hail could be the evil twin, but the point is, it was unseasonably hot. What did we do in the heat? We worked on the yards, of course, because we are not sane. We fixed the drip system and planted trees and plants. We went to a plant sale at the horticultural department of the college across the street and got more trees and plants which will need to get into the ground soon too. The real kicker is we feel like we are really bad at plants and every time one lives and grows, we celebrate. Truth is we've only killed a couple plants with our lack of skills, because we don't actually like to 'garden'. What we do love is the plants and the birds and insects they attract. Yes, I think we are a bit off, but you already knew that didn't you.

I didn't get much tatting done at all. In fact after working on the drip system, my fingers were so sore I was afraid I'd done some real damage and wouldn't be able to for a while, but I pushed through. I got a couple of small orders over the weekend that I must attend to today and there is a possibility that another order from a brick and mortar shop will be coming in soon. If that comes in I'll be a busy little tatter for much of the week.

I will also confess one last thing. I did try a new design over the weekend and it was, as the internet says, a fail. I had what I thought was a clever idea, but the execution was sloppy. It could still work, but it's not just going to fly off the needles like I wanted, it will require actual thought and preparation. So yes, I will get back to the 'fail' and it will eventually come to life. I just need to always remember to put the failures out into the world not only to prove that I have them, but to prove I know that I am far from perfect. So now it's onto the week ahead with calmer weather and hopefully tons to do.

1 comment:

Carol said...

We're having the opposite here of your extreme heat. Parts of NY and Ontario have gotten SNOW! We just laid in part of our garden last week and we also celebrate those that survive. The kids love to garden, or at least play in the dirt.
I can't wait to see what new thing you've come up with. Your ability to invent new, interesting and beautiful patterns is amazing to me.
Hope you have a great day and a great week.