Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wait, What?

I had all of one thing to tat yesterday, so I allowed my attentions to flow elsewhere. You might be aware that every month me and the husband attend a meeting at the local comic book shop. Yes, it is as geeky as it sounds, but trust I'm going somewhere with this story. The meeting is my reminder to catch up on my comic book reading. To prepare for the meeting, in which we all discuss the nooks coming out in the next few months, I also look through Previews, a large comic catalog. I flip through at a leisurely pace, just looking for something to jump out at me when I flip the page and see this:

Wait, what? Is that one of my necklaces? I quickly scanned the text and once I recognized the name of the model it all made sense. This is O.M. Grey, a steampunk author and a twitter friend of mine. She had acquired a mask and choker from me last year with the intention of wearing them throughout the convention season at various balls, which she did as well. I had no idea that this was coming however. It was a complete surprise, a pleasant one of course. The issue here is volume three of Gearhearts Steampunk Glamor Review and will be out in May. I'll probably end up picking it up when it comes out to add to my small, but growing collection of my lace creations in print. See, now this is the sort of surprise I enjoy getting from time to time.

What's in store for today? I'm afraid I'm starting another day with no plan. I'll just have to wing it again and ride the wind. At least I have that pleasant surprise to keep me going for a while. I think it's going to be a lovely, if rainy, day.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations! How wonderful that your work gets showcased so well. Karen in OR

** jess! ** said...

That's exciting! Congrats!