Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Three

Good day world. I was going to say morning there, but it occurred to me that, while I write this in the morning, that is not necessarily when you are reading and by saying good day, I am more likely to have used an appropriate phrase. Yes, these are the things I think about at 4:40 in the morning whilst sane people still slumber. The cold I acquired is still hanging on, but (knock on wood) it seems to be fairly mild and generally controlled. The one thing it took away from me yesterday was my ability to be social online. Instead I quietly worked on the custom mask, ordered up my supplies and glanced at the computer far less frequently than usual.

I do however have a few bits of good news to share. I got word back from the magazine I lent pieces to recently and the fashion editor let me know that two of my masks were used in the shoot they were sent for and I should be hearing from their fact check department for the on page credit soon. So without getting ahead of myself with information, let me just answer a couple of questions...that never got asked, but I assume you have. No, I don't know when it will be published. I'll let you know when I do and no, I'm not going to name the magazine quite yet, but I will tell you it is a Fashion magazine.

The other bit of nice news was quite an uptick in my shop views yesterday. It took me until late in the day to discover that on the new 'fashion' page at etsy there was a picture and link to my Masquerade mask. It's gone now as it was a Mardi Gras theme and I didn't get a screen shot, so I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. This leads me to one last number obsessive bit of forthcoming news. As you are well aware, I have a slight compulsion to watch for round numbers particularly as they relate to my shop. There's a big one coming and with the extra views yesterday, it's getting very close. It's the number of 'admirers' or people who have marked my shop as a favorite. It's less than 50 away from 10,000. Now you've got to admit that's a pretty number. I swear this is the last time I mention it until it hits that goal, then I'll verbally celebrate and move on. I just thought mentioning three nice things in one post would be, you know...a nice number.

In a few hours I'm off with the family to ride a train, look at trains and then ride a train home. That should be the whole of the day, so the most you can expect tomorrow morning is a train picture, but it should be a good day.

2 comments:

victats@gmail.com said...

Please let it be Vogue...I'll pee my pants if its Vogue

Unknown said...

I just started watching your blog and recently wandered through your shop. You have done beautiful work. It is all so delicate. I have so many questions about how you started selling your work in etsy and how you figured pricing. I will just have to wander more through your posts to see if the answers are there as well.

Thanks for such lovely stuff to view.