Wednesday, January 25, 2012

On Tumblr

After a bit of comment consulting I dove headlong into the tumblr world. I decided if I was going to do this, I was going to figure out how to make it look like I wanted it to. After much searching and trial and error I sussed out several details and got it to work like I wanted. As I shared my struggles on twitter, I got my first followers and after I followed a few people back I began to understand. I think it shall be a meeting of my worlds. I shall post tatting, listings, twitter things and wunderkammer posts. I'll use it for other things I run across that before had no proper place to be shared. So basically it's not nearly as time consuming as twitter, but closer to that than this. If you're interested my tumblr is here. I also added a link button in the sidebar too.

Let's see what else? Well, after I was satisfied with the tumblr project, I decided to buckle down and get some stuff remade that I've been ignoring for some time. I got one pair of barefoot sandals remade and began work on one of my gauntlet type bracelets. That one has only begun and shall be today's project as well. I also played with camera apps too...can you tell?  I've been very fickle with my time lately, taking breaks at odd times to do odd things, but it's left me less stressed than usual so I'm not going to break the bad habit quite yet. I'm going to revel in the oddness.

I don't have anything else on the agenda for today, but remaking. I need to feel a little more inspired or motivated before I get back to the sculpture project or the mask on the stick project. The slowness of sales lately has begun to rob me of my sense of urgency with projects. Usually I rush not only because I need to, but also because that sense invigorates me to. Now, I feel a bit like the tortoise, I'll get there, when I get there. Don't worry...I'm still moving.

3 comments:

louine said...

Neither link works for tumblr

TotusMel said...

Thank loiune, they should be fixed now.

Crazy Mom! said...

Hope the tumblr thing helps you!

The kitty's picture makes me want to sing the Soft Kitty song from Big Bang Theory....