Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend Recap

Let's see, what did I do this weekend? I have as of late been rather fortunate that sales, while not nice and consistent, are coming in small bursts. This has been keeping me busy, just not in a steady way, more like a feast or famine sort of way, though the famine has only been lasting on average a day or two which wouldn't really cause anyone to starve to death were this metaphor accurate, but I think you get my point.

In between the bouts of remaking sold items and custom pieces I have started one large project that I can't show you. No, it's not some new secret project, but it is going to be a gift and I think surprise is better served by not plastering photos of it on the Internet. I could also kick myself because I did make a nice little dangle for my mother-in-law's birthday present over the weekend and I failed to get a picture of that before it was gifted. I meant to get one before she left, but as we were hosting her birthday dinner at our house, I found myself busy and forgetful. So you will just have to trust that I made something new and interesting. I've made her jewelry in the past, but she never wears it so I opted for something she could just hang off her car rear view mirror and forget about.

So that brings us to the plans for this week and it's a busy one. I have my yearly checkup later this week and my baby brother is getting married in Carmel this weekend. The kids are in the wedding so we have to head up the day before. Oh and the couple is stopping by our house for a night before they head to Carmel themselves. I'll need to get some extra schooling done to make up for all the chaos that's bound to occur come Wednesday. Amongst all this, I will try to get the present worked on and keep up with the shop as well as attempt to keep the house in some semblance of clean. Man, I'm tired just thinking about it. Whew.

No comments: