Friday, July 30, 2010

They're Back

The ants are back so I must be quick so I may eradicate them. Well, that's not entirely true. I can't eradicate until the kids are awake because my primary mode of death is the vacuum cleaner, so yeah.

Anyway, the resurrected piece I spoke of yesterday is now listed with some much better pictures. Seriously look though my first year worth of sold pieces and you would have pity for my lack of skills. I still have a long way to go, but I clearly got better at showcasing the tatting and making the pictures more eye catching.

Once that was done it was on to the next resurrection. I dug back through the old pages and chose a few more pieces to remake. Some of them will be redesigned entirely while keeping the same fell, while other like the Grand Daisy pieces were made exactly the same. The next one up was this bracelet I only ever made one of in bright purple thread. It used to tie on and consisted of just the motif you see here. Since I prefer to use clasps now, I added a couple of flowers to the ends weaving them in Celtic style and added the clasp to that. I remember when I did this piece the first time it was a tat it and see sort of thing.

The next piece I didn't take a picture of yet, but I used to call it my whole heart choker. I completely redesigned it as I had no pattern written down and the pictures were so unclear I couldn't count stitches. When I was done with it I received material in the mail so I went to work on the bridal veil I've been working on. I should get some pictures of the choker and finish the veil today...theoretically. Then I decided that the choker would make an adorable tatted tiara, so I'm going to make one in silver and stiffen it for that purpose as well.

Also, stop by the fan page today or this weekend as I'll be doing another giveaway there. The link is in the left column. Now, back to the ants.

2 comments:

Judy said...

You are a wonderful artisan and a great writer I might add. I was laughing at the end of the 1st paragraph. I love the Celtic feel to your pieces and will enjoy looking around. Many Blessings you U.

Sonia Valdez said...

Hi Pamela,

This will come as a very big surprise as I don't think I've ever commented on your blog - but I do read it everyday there is something new - it comes up on my Blog roll. But I was given an award this morning and part of it is passing it on.

And I've chosen you - come see at: http://modistamodesta.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-first-award.html