Friday, January 1, 2010

Beads and Sequins

I was bound and determined to get to the new year with at least one fewer project on my table. So I worked like a banshee to get the recently order mask completed. A task that was complicated by the task of babysitting my sisters four children. Six kids under the age of ten in one house is, well...loud. Yet I still managed to finish the mask. This is the one that I substituted a trio of black seed beads for every picot. I quite like the way it turned out. I usually don't bother taking pictures of small variations like this, but I really liked the look.

After that was done, I switched gears to production mode again. I got a few more small pieces remade and yes, i picked up the Zelda game more than once. Though I've reached one of those battle points where I know I will be repeating the same thing over and over until I "get" the pattern, so a break is in order. Plus my ds screen has taken to jumping, not flickering mind you, but jumping. I fear the cord is pinched in the hinge or something.

Back to the sequins I went. First I torn out the bottom scalloped edge that I had done first. I really didn't have the right spacing down and I had managed to warp the tatting to unattractive levels. I got that redone and then moved back to the forehead section. I have worked out a method for sewing the sequins to each other to cover the empty spaces. Though id I ever do revisit this sort of project, I am so going with the tulle method. I wanted so badly to finish this process yesterday, but alas the children wanted to cuddle and watch a movie. Who am I to deny them this.

I'll be back to the mask today and I think I might even further embellish particularly the center motif. I'm thinking of adding silver filament and perhaps some crystals since I have basically abandoned the spider idea. I know it needs something to make the lace pop, so that's what I'm going to do. I'm starting to think that I want to keep this one around after all hours and days I've put into it. Well, no use thinking about that now, we're not done yet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for dropping by.. its been a while since I have visited your site or Etsy shop. I see your still making wonderful fun tatted items.
Here's wishing you a very Happy New Year and wonderful things to come :)
M