Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sick

You know the whole doctor mom thing where they say you need two things no matter what you're sick with? What were those things? Yeah, plenty of fluids and...hmm, rest, right, rest. So, I didn't get any of that yesterday nor last night. I got sicker and the "sick" kids jumped around like crazy people. Then the two year old proceeds to cough all night long, effectively keeping me from getting any sleep. To make matters worse, I have an allergy. A very special allergy, to one single medicine. Acetaminophen. Don't know what that is? That's because it's Tylenol and it is in like 75% of cold medicines and 100% of the ones that we have in the house. This means no throat numbing, no cough suppressant, nothing. I had a cup of tea and while that worked for a few minutes...yeah, I'm running on empty over here.

I also discovered that even though my ability to talk is compromised, I can do the five year olds schooling okay. That is of course until I'm suppose to read aloud to her, then I become useless. Lucky for me I got a substitute in the evening to take up the slack. Though I managed to get a few things tatted as well, I fear today will not be much more productive. As I function on less sleep, I make far more mistakes with the tatting. I keep having to stop and pull out a chain or ring...or three. I even had to scrap a whole bracelet when I discovered my mistake far too late to effectively fix it. I am waiting on a few customers with custom requests, but as usual, I've no idea when they might manifest. I am definitely not starting work until they make those actual purchases. I still have another piece to make for the photo shoots too, so I'll get on that today...I think.

Oh dear, I hear the child coughing upstairs, she will wake soon and then I'm back on duty. Here's to a better day ahead.

6 comments:

*♥* Heather *♥* said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon. Why is it moms dont get sick days?
On a good note I got the dye just a bit ago I am gonna test a batch and see how I need to mix it for DARK purple :) Wish me luck
Feel better soon :)
~Heather

dalij said...

I will probably not spell this right, but ecanechia tea last an hour or so, but also buildu up your immunity.

AJ said...

Ginger tea with honey and lemon is great for your throat.

I hope that you're feeling better soon!

mermaiden said...

nope, moms don't get sick days. feeling for ya.

i like Traditional Medicial's Throat Coat tea. i'll slug that stuff all day when my throat is bad.

healing vibes for you and yours.

. c h o k l i t . said...

Feel better sweets!

Artsnark said...

Hope you're feeling better soon