Friday, May 1, 2009

The Power Of Voodoo

Alright, so I lied. It's not as though I've never done it before. I assumed I would spend a leisurely day tatting and finish the second mask by days end, but twitter happened. Not in the way you might be thinking though. As I finished my gift mask, I asked the twitterverse if I should make one to sell in purple or black. The twitterverse answered and answered and answered some more. Purple was winning, but only by a small margin, so I became determined to create both colors in one day. The patterns definitely works up faster than my other masks so I was able to not only finish the masks, but photo them during the kids nap time and get some photos up to my flickr and list at etsy.

I'm particularly fond of the photos for the purple mask. My hair has faded to the perfect shades to compliment the mask and the sun was shining just so. I've often thought of how much easier and nicer my photos would be if I had a proper model and photographer at my disposal, but every so often I take a photo by my lonesome that I really like and this set I really like. I feel a bit like a superhero in a few of them, so now I really want to be a comic book character. Seriously, make me into a comic book character...anyone...no?

Anyway, this is also my 300th post. Don't think that means anything really. It's just a nice round number that I felt the need to point out. Every single milestone shocks me into reminiscing a bit and has me wondering how I managed to have something to say on such a regular basis. Can't imagine that I'll get much else done today and I really have no plans to get anything big done this weekend either. I figure the masks should hold me over for a bit, right?

6 comments:

Waterrose said...

The purple is beautiful and you are right....your hair color and lighting fit it perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Yummy glam shot! Good job.........

mermaiden said...

I was thinking how amazing the purple looked with your hair before I read your post. But the black is *hot*! Ouch!

Deanna Lack said...

Faded! No way :)

I adore the purple with your hair. I fear it'd be much less striking on me with my boring brown (mixed with gray... ugh)

Valerie said...

those are pretty sets--the hair and model (you!). they complement well with all the pieces you tat.

Artsnark said...

gorgeous pieces & you are the perfect model for them. Love the hair too