Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Shiny

I've got a new toy! Yesterday afternoon it arrived in a large and rather heavy box. I removed it from its box and waited for my live in computer tech to return to set up my brand new 24" imac. I finally got to play with it this morning and it is huge and shiny and fast. I really didn't think my G4 had aged that much until I started working on the new one and I inevitable thought back to my first apple computer that sits still completely functional on a shelf. It was a mac classic and it had less computing power than my phone and a screen that seems barely bigger than an ipod, but I love that old beige box because it helped me catch my mac geek husband.

The rest of yesterday was odd as well, no mail and my husband had the day off in the middle of the week. Of course we spent most of the day just waiting for my computer to be delivered. I did manage to find another pattern to adapt from my antique books. I made up a pendant and earring set I should get photographed and listed today. I got to play with really long picots, which is a difficult exercise. It takes a bit of practice to eyeball the length of the loop. I try to measure against my finger, but it's still guess work.

We also went to a movie with the family and then watched the new Futurama dvd...excuse me, blu ray. I laughed really hard until I realized that there was really only one segment of the population laughing this hysterically with me...geeks. Yep, I'm a geek. I'm a mac geek, a drama geek, a sci-fi fantasy geek and a rpg geek. I'm sure I left off a few, but you get the idea. I've tried so hard to climb up to the subcategory of geek known as freak. I've got the tattoos, the piercings, the crazy hair as well as the ability to communicate with normals, but I'm really just a geek. I guess that's enough of a confession for today. Hopefully I'll have some tatting to show off tomorrow and the rest of the week will get back to normal.

8 comments:

formfireglassworks said...

I went from the old white iMac G4 to the new one too! It's great. Can't believe you actually waited to set it up! Impressive!

Anonymous said...

not many things excite me more than a shiny new computer, LOL.

Unknown said...

ahhh! so jealous! i also want this new toy!!

however, i'm already addicted to the internet. can you imagine what kind of zombie i would be if i actually got a computer that worked faster?

swoon!

Jrahn said...

We work on those at school everyday..I get adobe CS4 in about a week too! So whatever dude...

that_rat said...

A geek who doesn't know what a bugbear is!!!

Waterrose said...

I love Macs. I'm a geek too and met my husband because of them as well. But this was back when it all began with Lisa....LOL

. c h o k l i t . said...

My household OWNS all four seasons of Futurama... AND the recently released movie... and we can all quote liberally from it. You're among (geek) friends.

Sewicked said...

I'm supposed to be getting a mac laptop (reconditioned) but the guy giving it to me hasn't finished getting the bugs out. I yearn. I pine. I otherwise evergreen.

Speaking RPGs, have you seen the game Witch Hunter; alternate history fun.