Thursday, May 15, 2008

Victorian Lace Cuffs

A few days ago I received an email suggesting that I try making some tatted lace cuffs. Now, I've tried this before and had little luck coming up with a workable design that I liked.

Since my last attempt I have managed to come up with a hat and a couple of scarves designs that I'm really pleased with, so I figured I'd give it another go. The design formed quite quickly and turned out much better than anticipated. I'm already starting on the my next idea for another pair. I'd appreciate any feedback anyone has on color options, sizes or prices before I even think about selling them.

I think they'll look fabulous peeking out of a jacket sleeve and could work on so many levels from steam punk and neo-victorian to everyday work wear. I hope you like them.

8 comments:

Kim said...

don't know if this helps, but I think, as all your work, that they are amazing :)

Astrida Naturals said...

These are beautiful!

Waterrose said...

Oh beautiful! I love how they ruffle and cover the top of the hands.

UniqueNurseGranny said...

Gorgeous.They would look amazing from under a jacket.could probably work with a tee to add class also.Should reflect the work and rareness in price...

Rosebud Collection said...

Beautiful..I tell you, your stuff is elegant.

Diana said...

They are absolutely exquisite.

Back in the day -- and still now, but not nearly so stylishly or sveltely -- I would only wear black or grey. I'd suggest those colors for your next try. You can't go wrong with black, as you know.

Anitra Cameron said...

Oh, they are SO gorgeous! Black, definitely. Thinking about scarlet....

Unknown said...

I love the look of your Victorian wrist cuff! Would you consider making a tutorial for this?