Monday, March 24, 2008

Shopping Habits

I've noticed a generally trend in etsy blogging in particular to feature a random seller for the benefit of both parties. This is a fabulous idea & I have been lucky enough to garner a few features here & there. However it strikes me as a little odd that most of these features have come about as the result of me replying in a forum to a general call for artists. I'm not complaining, mind you, but I think that if I were to "feature" artists, they would be ones that I personally have either purchased from or at least wished that I could.

So, to that end, I will now begin trotting out all my etsy purchases & personally lauding each one that deserves praise. I mention that last caveat about deserving praise because of another trend I have recently begun to hate. Hollow compliments strewn about the etsy forums with wild abandon. I have never & would never tell someone that I liked something that I did not like. I won't toss in a "hey, cute owl", if I did not actually think that. Obviously that means I can be pretty quiet at times, but I digress.

Here are the pretties that the mailman brought me yesterday...I took the pictures myself so as to avoid any property issues that may arise.

First is a beautiful pair of earrings purchased from Danielle at bowerofbliss. They are so light & hang perfectly next to the pair of threader earrings that I never take out. She's a really wonderful seller that put up with my mail paranoia well.Next we have a lovely skein of hand dyed merino from Nicole at NoTwoSnowflakes. It contains just the prettiest shades of purple and I can hardly wait to tat up a scarf with it for the fall. So far I've had the best luck with my purchases.

I may trot out whatever I make with this for a later post...of course I have to add it to the already too long project list.

No comments: